Monday, February 17, 2014
Dining in My Pajamas and A Golden Blog Award from Alice
On Valentine's Day, Dan and I spend our day at our restaurant trying to make our guests' visit on this compulsorily romantic day as special as they wanted it to be. We really needed a busy weekend, and we got it. We were almost overwhelmed, but we made it through and we're both still beat. By Sunday night, we were ready to limp into the Big City and try to celebrate a little ourselves. Our favorite teppanyaki style restaurant is pretty casual and that allowed me to dress just like I wanted to: in pajamas. Grilled lobster served to me while I sit comfy and cozy in my PJs ... now that's a decadent fantasy.
To my credit, my pink, fuzzy, Hello Kitty jams were ruled out
fairly quickly, although I considered
trying to elevate them somehow. (Maybe with a nude heel and
statement necklace? No, I was only tired and lazy, not completely devoid of decorum.) I settled for loose, silky black pants, a long
georgette tunic shirt and a soft tank. Almost pajamas, and I chose
my ultra-comfy-yet-saucy Michael Kors platform sandals. Not my most
flattering look, but I love how the pieces rippled and flowed as I
sauntered into the restaurant on Dan's arm. Made it easy to drape
myself over a barstool while waiting to be seated. Yup. Dinner in
my pajamas ... almost.
Not my most flattering outfit, but it sure suited my low-energy and lightly louche attitude. We had a great time.
The wonderful and lovely Alice at Happiness at Midlife (one of my petite role models and a print-mixing expert extraordinaire) has sweetly nominated me for the Golden Blog Award. It's a first for me with this particular award, and very nice thing to see in my inbox! Thank you so much, Alice. You are a daily inspiration and very cool girl.
Here's how it works:
1. Post a picture of the award, or create your own
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Give 10 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate other bloggers
In turn I'll nominate a little bunch of lovely bloggers that I wish to know better or just hear more from...
Seeker at Searching the Inner Me
J. T. Wisdom at Bubbling with Elegance and Grace
Alyssa at Matchy Matchy Midlife
Laurie at Elusive Onions
Zalina at My Piece of Jewelry
Ten Random Facts About Me:
1. My new favorite crime drama: True Detective.
Who knew McConaughey could go so dark?
( Haven't seen Dallas Buyers Club ... reviews, anyone?)
2. My favorite red wine is a big, dark, peppery red zinfandel. ( Not to be confused with white zinfandel ... not the same thing at all.)
3. I can't stand licorice or anise flavors. Ugggch.
4. My current favorite floral fragrance comes from
the Stargazer lily ... there were some in my Valentine's Day bouquet. I'm newly and completely enchanted.
5. I never use nail polish. But this might change as products get better.
6. I collect self-winding, mechanical-skeleton wrist watches.
7. I'm convinced that all Teddy Bears are sentient.
Not all stuffed animals, just Teds.
8. I play the piano. Sort of. A little.
9. I refuse to name a favorite color. They're all necessary.
(I admit that I'm not completely in love with the ochres.)
10. Our parakeets are named after Salinger's Franny and Zooey, the two youngest members of the Glass family.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
Linking up with the Very Dressy Seeker at