- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Old Mizrahi Trench Coat and Shining On!
Wow! It's apparently Award Season, 'cause I have another this week. (And here I am without my red carpet dress. Drat. So typical. ) I've been nominated for the Shine On Award by not one, but TWO of my bloggy peers. First by the ever-lovely Seeker from her thoughtful blog, Searching the Inner Me . Then by the fabulous Maricel at her always intriguing blog, My Closet Catalogue . I'm honored that these two women thought enough of my little blog to send this kind of shout-out.
Here are the rules:
Instead of nominating specific bloggers for this award, I'm going to modify the rules a bit and declare that if you are reading this, and that you are a blogger and wish to play, YOU should consider yourself nominated. Congratulations! And because I'm as nosy as the next woman, I'd love it if you post your seven bits of personal trivia below in the comments section. Or you can do the full-on nomination process at your own blog and say it came from me!
Seven Facts About Me
1. Two foods I cannot turn down are tacos and chocolate cake.
2. I lived in Alaska for a decade.
3. I really have to read for a while before turning in for the night.
4. I belong to two Druid orders.
5. I don't leave the house without my Kindle Fire.
6. My BFA came with the distinction magna cum laude. Ahem.
7. I retained one of my baby teeth until my 50s (in my mouth along with my grown-up teeth, not in a keepsake box.)
I had to have Dan help me come up with these ... I'm just about out of even vaguely interesting tid-bits of information about myself.
What I Wore to the Big City on Sunday
The high on Saturday was just a little under 70°F and I was feeling all spring-ish. By Sunday, it had dropped to a very gray, windy and chilly 57°F so I regretfully rethought my choice of my little Peter Pilotto dress and cute little strappy shoes. Some plowing through the closet resulted in the unearthing one of my old-favorite and recently neglected items; my Isaac Mizrahi (yes, for Target) trench coat with a burnout eyelet embroidery hem.
It's great for seasonal transitions as it's lightweight. And I had a compliment on it from a dear little old lady (well, older than me, anyway) who thought it was the prettiest raincoat she'd seen. It's just the right time to bring it out and about for this changeable end of winter, and it always cheers me up a little to wear it.
Linking up with
The Tough-Girl Patti at Visible Monday
and the Fashion Week Observing Seeker at Tres Chic Style Bits.